We’ve been training young drivers for over 10 years

For the best driver’s in-class training and road test preparation

Course Info

1. G1 Exam:

Once you are 16 Years or older, you can get read the Driver’s Handbook (available at any bookstore) and go to a Ministry of Transportation office nearest you to write a theoretical G1 exam. You must bring the G1 Fee ( on their website) and 2 pieces of ID with you. Once you pass the exam, you will be given a G1 license and you will be eligible to do a practical road test one year from that date.Under a G1 license, many conditions apply which are designed to help you gain experience before you can actually do your road test. These are mentioned below and are also covered in the drivers handbook.

-Anytime you are behind the wheel, you must be accompanied by a driver who has at least 4 years of G class driving experience. -You are prohibited from driving from 12 am to 5 am in the morning.
-You are prohibited from driving on any highways, unless accompanied by a licensed driving instructor,
new (novice) drivers in Level 1 (Class G1), must not drive on any 400-series highway with a posted speed limit greater than 80 km/h, the Queen Elizabeth Way, Don Valley Parkway, Gardiner Expressway, E.C. Row Expressway or Conestoga Parkway. For more info go to : http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/index.shtml
-You must maintain a blood alcohol level of 0.00% at all times.
-You must not have more passengers in your car than the seat belts.

After getting a G1 permit, if you attend an approved driving course such as ours, you are eligible to reduce the waiting period for your first road test from 12 months to 8 months. At the end of this waiting period you can go for your first road test.

2. G2 Exam:

Once you have passed the first road test at the end of 8 or 12 months, you are given a G2 license. There are some conditions here but far fewer when compared with G1 conditions. These are below and are also covered in the driver’s handbook. *You must maintain a blood alcohol level of 0.00% at all times. *You must not have more passengers in your car than the seat belts.



Are course lessons enough?

10 lessons are the minimum requirement by Ministry of Transportation for the full course. Whether the mandatory 10 hours are sufficient enough depends on the learning skills of each driver as an individual. If you feel the ten hours were not enough, we also offer additional individual driving lessons as well as packages. Your instructor can tell you about them as well. Practice makes perfect. The more you have driven the more confident you will be in yourself when it comes to your road test, it is our recommendation to practice at home as well.

Can I join the course at any time?

Yes, you can join the course any weekday or weekend. Just call our office and we can let you know what day’s classes are running.

Can I start the course without my G1?

You can start the course without your G1, but you must have it by the time you are ready to start your driving lessons.

How do I get an appointment for a road test?

You can call 1-888-570-6110 or log on to www.drivetest.ca, or your instructor, or our office can book your test for you.

How early can I go for my ministry road test?

If you take our ministry approved course, you can take your test after waiting a minimum of 8 months from date of license issue. Otherwise you must wait a minimum of 1 year.

How long can I wait before I have to start my driving lessons?

It’s up to the students when ever they want to start they have one year to fit every thing in.

How long do I have to finish the course?

You must complete the course within one (1) year of your starting date.

How much Discount will I get on my Insurance with the certificate?

The Driver’s License History provides proof of successful completion of and graudation from a BDE course and is widely recognized by the insurance industry as proof of course completion.

What is the ministry fee?

You will have to pay $50.00 for your G1 exit test, or $85.00 for your G2 exit. For updated information, please visit http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/index.shtml